I know who I am! I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude!



Guess what movie Nancy and I went to tonight? It wasn't Satans Alley, The Fatties Fart Two, nor Simple Jack.

In fact, Nancy and I remembered that Tropic Thunder was opening here tonight, and decided to go. I am glad that we did.

Very funny movie. I do not want to go into it too deep, but I thought that this was such an incredible cast that didn't seem to take itself as seriously as the Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell crowd. Those guys are just way too full of themselves, and haven't made a really, really funny movie in a while.

Robert Downey Jr, Ben Stiller, Jack Black, NICK NOLTE, Jay Baruchel (I really like this guy), and Brandon T. Jackson made up such an awesome cast. On screen there was great chemistry between the guys and just made it a ton of fun to watch!!!
I'm starting to think that Downey Jr is getting the midas touch. Without him, this would have been good, with him it was so, so great! Iron Man, Tropic Thunder...it's time to celebrate by doing some cocaine! Oops...maybe not such a great idea Mr. Downey Jr....that is; unless you want to take another 15 year break from making movies.

Also, when we were leaving the theater, I stopped to let this guy and his girlfriend cross the street to get to the mall. He looked about 6' 3", and about 212 lbs, and very, very familiar.
I noted that he was a big man; someone you wouldn't want to get into a scuffle with (NHL first team all star huge). I then realized why it was that he looked familiar. It was confirmed when I looked back at his Cadillac Escalade with Alberta plates (with rims on it that looked to be more expensive than my house) that I indeed had allowed Dion Phaneuf to jaywalk in front of me.

When I got home and 'googled' him, I noticed that the tiny blonde that was with him was most likely Elisha Cuthbert, the girl we all loved to hate as Kim Bauer in 24.

So a pretty cool movie, and a pretty cool celebrity sighting. All in all, a pretty fun Wednesday night.

Tomorrow Nancy and I are having a house inspector check out the place we're looking to buy. We want to make sure that there are no skeletons in the attic. Literally.

I'm pretty sure nobody reads this anymore, but if you are reading this right now...thanks ;)

Later

 

4 Responses to I know who I am! I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude!

  1. Marko Peric Says:
    Hey Mike, I think the Dion Phaneuf might be here for Brad Richards charity gold thing.
  2. Mike Thomas Says:
    It's all the rage in fund raising,
    gathering large piles of gold, and giving them to charity!
  3. Unknown Says:
    Your "Islanders living in Fort McMurray" demographic is still reading faithfully! :)
  4. Marko Peric Says:
    I meant 'Golf' of course, but with the amount Phaneuf and Richards are paid they could well afford a 'charity gold thing' too.