The Interweb....(and then it all fell apart)


There's something to be said for the internet. Amongst all of it's detractors railing against it's offerings to the general public, there are the occasional glimmers of hope that it can bring to humanity. At the present, most of them are a part of my sidebar.

Jim Gaffigan's comedy, Extreme singing 'More Than Words', and the Rotoworld NHL player news widget are three of the very few positive things left on the internet.
Amnesty International, Sesame Street, and the FOX News website all were recently moved from the 'good things on the internet' category, directly into the 'same as the rest of the 98% of the crap on the internet'.

The purity of the 'hot pocket' routine, the trustworthiness of the Rotoworld ticker, and the harmony of 'More Than Words' are all we have left to bring us back from 'Rosie O'Donnell's blog', Vladmir Putin, and ....Let's stop it right there.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Admittedly, I've had very little sleep lately, and in my semi-sleep state of mind I may have led myself to believe that this post was sounding "tongue in cheek funny".

I see now that it probably isn't very funny of an idea at all. Everyone knows that the internet was fully redeemed with the Christian the Lion video. Once that thing hit, millions of illicit websites just crashed like Janet Jackson's career. I cried at work once watching it (the lion video...I really couldn't care about any of the Jackson's careers). Honest (about the crying and about the not caring about any of the Jackson's careers).

I must have thought the whole internet joke thing was funny because I',m tired.

I also have noted that = I am usin'g extra punCtuation, and have been missspelling words due to my fatigue. And it's only 10:10 pm.

Certain things seem funnier when you're tired...like laying on your back on a hardwood floor, and laughing at the noises you can make. Wow...this post is taking a wrong turn, so...

Let's all just agree to shut it down. Shut it down! This post is broken! We're gonna need a new one! (Make sure to click all of the links in this post people...you won't be sorry)

 

0 Responses to The Interweb....(and then it all fell apart)