Sixty Uses For Table Salt
(I found this online using the Stumble! button on
my Firefox browser. It's not all 60, but it's the ones that count...Mike)
Simple table salt has a great number of uses other than simply seasoning your food!
- Soak stained hankies in salt water before washing.
- Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
- Soak fish in salt water before descaling; the scales will come off easier.
- Put a few grains of rice in your salt shaker for easier pouring.
- Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
- Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.
- Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way.
- A tiny pinch of salt with egg whites makes them beat up fluffier.
- Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up.
- Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your flapjacks won't stick.
- Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
- Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
- Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.
- Soak your nuts in salt brine overnight and they will crack out of their shells whole. Just tap the end of the shell with a hammer to break it open easily.